Sunday, February 22, 2015

Better Beds

When we took the sides off Little Man and Sweet Pea's cribs last year, we bought them flat sheets and pillows for their "big kid beds." But since it was summer, there was no need for blankets.

Fast forward 6 months, and we are experiencing single digits at times. Clearly they need some warmer covers at night! So MJ and I scrounged around the house and found two old blankets from our Army days. And that's what they've been using ... until now.

Camo can be stylish. But this? No.

I planned on just buying some plain white comforters sized for toddler beds, and calling it a day. But the only plain white ones I could find were ridiculously expensive.

Much better!

What's a crafty mommy to do? Make them, of course. I bought a queen-sized white quilt, cut it into two pieces to fit, trimmed them with some teal fabric remnants I had, and took them to be embroidered (with their real names, of course). I love how they turned out!

No comments: