Sunday, April 19, 2015

Happy Birthday, CC!

Huge birthday hugs to our CC! Four years ago today, you came screaming into our lives, and we're still reeling -- with love, of course!


You are such an amazing little personality, dear CC. Your spunk and intelligence are unmistakable, and getting more remarkable as you grow. You're a bright ray of sunshine in our lives; you make us laugh every day; you combine the best of both of us.

You want to mother everyone, Sweet Pea most of all (and it isn't always appreciated). You even try to mother me, as you did yesterday when I had a migraine and you were the most considerate and worried child I've ever seen. My heart melts to see that your idea of mothering is the type of mother I aspire to be.


You're smart as a whip. Your emotional intelligence and ability to sense others' feelings is uncanny. You're a button pusher and a spitfire, and I have no doubt that someday you will rule the world -- your world, at least.

You are starting to outgrow naps, as you remind me almost daily. Your ability to negotiate is likely unparalleled in the history of four-year-olds. Surprisingly, you dislike mac n cheese and rice krispie treats (how are you related to me?!). You are oh-so-close to reading and riding your bike.

This year you will become even more independent, and that's bittersweet. I am both excited and nostalgic, seeing you grow. And selfishly, I'm glad you've learned the benefits of a good cuddle.

Happy birthday, sweet girl.

No comments: