Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Birthday Recap

I think it's safe to say that Sweet Pea and Little Man had a great third birthday. As they say, "I'm FREE!"

CC, MJ and I sang the birthday song to them over and over in the morning. After breakfast, we went to a friend's house to watch the giant crane trucks, cherry pickers, and wood chippers remove a massive (dead) tree from their front yard. They were awestruck! Then nine kids and three moms all ate lunch together and shared birthday cupcakes afterwards -- yum!

Daddy came home from work early and we all went out to the kids' favorite restaurant for dinner. Fortunately no one burst into tears when the wait staff sang the birthday song, rang a cowbell, and banged a gong (although Sweet Pea sat on my lap and buried her face in my neck).

Back home for cake -- we'd saved the top of their party cake that my mom made -- and presents. Little Man received a remote controlled car that looks like a shark, which made the kids a little nervous but seems to be a hit. Sweet Pea is over the moon for her new set of Minnie Mouse figures that can be dressed and accessorized with a click. Add books, puzzles, and a wooden firehouse set, and we had some pretty happy kids.


THREE!

Lastly, we measured them on the Morrison family growth chart. We weren't surprised to see that at 37 inches, Little Man is just a hair shorter than CC was last April, when she turned 4. 


But what shocked me is that at 35.5 inches, Sweet Pea is taller than CC was at 3! What?! I checked CC's stats and saw that at 3 years, CC was in the 10th percentile for height.


Could Sweet Pea be in double digits? I'm in disbelief. She's never been above the 3rd or 4th percentile in either height or weight! We won't know for sure until her 3-year checkup in a few weeks; maybe our measurements were incorrect, or the growth chart wasn't hanging straight, or she was somehow standing on her tip-toes. But I'm full of anticipation to find out!

No comments: