Tuesday, September 6, 2016

First Day of Preschool

Sweet Pea and Little Man had their first day of preschool today, and they were really excited. All three kids were dressed, fed and in the car with packed lunches and bags by 7:40 am (a new record) because the twins had their annual checkup at 8. We were on time, the appointment went well, and we dropped CC off at school before heading to the preschool.


Today was the first day I dropped CC off at the front of the elementary school and let her walk in by herself. She's been begging to walk in alone since preschool, so she was beaming as she waved goodbye to us and trotted into the building.

At the preschool, Sweet Pea and Little Man calmly hung up their bags, hugged me goodbye, and walked into the classroom. I watched them for a few minutes through the one-way glass, and they stood on the side for a while, taking it all in. Then Sweet Pea reached back for Little Man's hand, and they walked to the puzzle table and began playing.



And I went to Costco. And then to the grocery store. And then I came home to an empty house -- for the first time in 5.5 years -- and put all the groceries away. And ate lunch in silence. It was a little strange. But I was excited to pick them up and hear all about their day.

Sweet Pea says her favorite parts of the day were going to the playground and playing with little horse figurines. She made "lots" of new friends but couldn't remember their names. Little Man loved the play kitchen, and ate everything in his lunch.

Success! And I can't believe that I'll be home alone four mornings a week. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it's a strange feeling right now!

1 comment:

Holliday5 said...

Exciting times for all! Now you know why I started babysitting ;) Glad they had a great 1st day!