Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Christmas Recap

Christmas 2016 is in the books, and it was a good one. The kids charged downstairs in a fit of excitement and in about 15 minutes, it was all over. The rest of the day was spent playing with their new toys, watching movies and eating candy for breakfast. Hey, it was Christmas!


One of my highlights was having Brien here for the weekend. He was so happy to spend Christmas with us, and I think he had more gifts to open than anyone else!



Highlights for Little Man were his TIE fighter and Millenium Falcon, which he hasn't been without in 48 hours now. I don't think he's ever been so in love with a toy before. Clearly, Santa hit this one out of the ballpark.




CC was thrilled to get Beauty and the Beast, plus a new Leapster game, a very cool pop-up book about bugs (that she requested), and a "big girl" scooter. Rory was happy to find a soft pile of Santa sacks to lay on in the middle of the chaos.




Then it was naptime ... for everyone.


Sweet Pea's big gift was a new bike from me and MJ. She took one look at it parked next to the tree and declared that she didn't want it, that it was too big, and "maybe I can try it when I'm five." But we all went outside to play later in the day, and after watching CC ride up and down the street on her new bike, Sweet Pea agreed to try sitting on it if I held it upright. And then she just took off down the street. "Don't let go!" she yelled with a huge smile. "I'm not holding on!" I yelled back.


This was literally the first time she'd ever been on a pedal bike, and I couldn't believe how quickly she took to it. From a balance bike to this -- in minutes! (Cameo appearance by Little Man with his TIE Fighter.)


Monday we brought Brien back, but it'll be quite a while before we're back to normal here! This morning, yes, I let them eat our gingerbread house for breakfast!

No comments: