Thursday, February 23, 2017

New Earrings

We haven't changed CC's earrings since she got her ears pierced almost a year ago. But the decision was taken out of our hands a few days ago, when an unfortunate collision with a chair ripped one of her earrings out. 

Fortunately her ear lobe hadn't ripped, because already the drama we dealt with that night was an 11 on a scale of 1 to 10. And there was still enough blood to cause a 5-year-old freakout. 


Since we couldn't find the missing earring, I fetched the pair of earrings I wore to get my ears pierced when I was little. They're simple, sweet gold hearts, and after cleaning them and experiencing a lot more hysteria, I got them in her ears. Now that it's done, she loves them. She particularly loves that they used to be mine, and I think it's pretty special, too.


(CC found the earring the next morning on the other side of the house, and it had clearly been stepped on. It was beyond repair, which made CC sad, but I'm thankful I kept my original earrings from all those years ago!)

No comments: