Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Halloween Parade

Today was one of the most fun events of the preschool year: the Halloween Parade! Even MJ went in to work late this morning so he could attend.


"Daddy came?" exclaimed Sweet Pea. "I didn't know he was going to come! He missed work??"


Sweet Pea was the most adorable pirate princess ever. Happily waving at us, beaming a huge smile the whole time.

Where was Little Man, you ask? He pitched a fit and refused to put his pirate costume on.

"I hate that costume!" he screamed. "I never wanted it!"

I reminded him that he'd begged for it. And that, before we took the tags off, he promised that's the costume he wanted for Halloween.

"You didn't hear me right!" he insisted. "I'm not even doing the parade!" So I left him at the classroom door and let the teachers handle it. He ended up walking in the parade with one of his teachers, but at least he wasn't crying.


"I want a different costume for Halloween," he told me afterwards. 

"If you want to go trick or treating," I told him, "you're wearing the pirate costume."

He's thinking about it.

Later in the day, CC's ballet class allowed all the kids to wear costumes. She wore her recital costume from last year. With cat glasses. And purple vampire teeth.

No comments: