Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 18 Belly Pic

Hmmm ... I haven't gained any weight in three weeks now, and I don't think I look any different lately.  At some point (a month ago or so?) my abdomen got a little thicker, so that MJ and I could notice a marginal difference.  But it wasn't enough to affect the way my clothes fit, or enough for anyone else to notice.  I thought it was the beginning of my belly.  But alas, no -- there has been no further progress over the last three weeks.


However, I'm not worried.  I know Otto is doing great, and I listen to his heartbeat several times a week to make sure.  I'm just really looking forward to when my pregnancy will be obvious to the whole world.  Right now, people still don't know unless I tell them, and then they're still surprised to find out how far along I am.

(The good part of this is that MJ's firm has a Christmas party on December 3, and at this rate I will be able to wear one of my regular dresses, something I never would have expected when I first found out I was pregnant in July!)

I also haven't felt Otto move yet.  Not even any "was that it?!" confusion.  Nada.  Again, I'm not worried (see previous paragraph re: heartbeat), because often first-time moms don't feel their babies move until 22 weeks, or even later depending on where the placenta is and how the baby is positioned.  But still -- I have waited so long for this baby, and especially since I haven't had any symptoms, I am really looking forward to some physical evidence of this pregnancy!

No comments: