Wednesday, December 8, 2010

More Thanks from Otto

Otto is one lucky kid ... he won't even be here for another 4 months, yet he has already received so many beautiful gifts!

Last week I received a box in the mail from my friend Kathy, who spoiled me (and Otto) rotten by sending a TON of goodies!  Burp clothes, onesies, receiving blankets, toys ... a little bit of everything!  Kathy was a good friend of mine when we lived in South Bend, and I'm touched by her generosity.


Neighbors of ours had a little boy last year, and received a Notre Dame gift set from friends of theirs who are rabid Irish fans.  Since our neighbors are die-hard State fans, this particular gift never made it onto their little son!  They were more than happy to pass it onto us, and I wasn't too proud to accept a "regift."  Granted, the onesie is a little boyish-looking, but even if Otto ends up being a girl, I suspect she will wear this at least once or twice!  (Look at those booties -- can you believe there will be feet tiny enough to fit into them?!)


And just yesterday I received a beautiful gift from Ann, a friend of my mother's.  She sent a white lace handkerchief that turns into a bonnet for the baby to wear at his/her baptism or any special occasion.  If the baby is a girl, she can use the handkerchief as her "something old" on her wedding day.  If the baby is a boy, he can present it to his bride on their wedding day.  How precious!

No comments: