Monday, January 9, 2012

Bye Bye Bottles

We are doing pretty well with our transition out of bottles.  CC is drinking less from her bottles now -- she is wanting more solids instead, which is exactly on track with what our pediatrician predicted.  So I have promoted her to sippy cups. 


She is doing pretty well with the transition, despite an initial reluctance.  As CC's mommy, I need to get used to the fact that the sippy cup, unlike the bottle, is not intended to be chugged all in one go.  I am a very task-oriented person, and each time CC would take a bottle I would mentally "check" that off my list of her requirements for that day. 

A sippy cup is not quite as clear.  CC will drink a few ounces, then want to play for a while, and maybe in 5 minutes will drink more (if offered), then take another break.  It's a big change for me to remember to continue to offer the cup to her throughout the day.  It was easier when we could just knock it out all at once!

No comments: