Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Two Wheelin'

I know, we're at the beach. But right before we left, something BIG happened that I had to share!



Thursday afternoon, I took the kids out for a walk. CC begged to use her "big girl bike," a hand-me-down  from the girl across the street. CC can't ride it by herself, but I reluctantly agreed to hold the bike upright down the street and back so she could practice.

"I'm going to learn how to ride my bike all by myself today, Mommy," she said. I just rolled my eyes. CC has long mastered the skills to ride a bike, thanks to her balance bike, but every time she gets on the big-kid bike, she dissolves into hysterical giggles and demands, "Hold on tight! Don't let go!"

Of course I let go. And she kept going! By the time we returned to the house 10 minutes later, she was making U-turns, starting and stopping with ease, braking. I'm sure by tomorrow she'll be popping wheelies.

Congrats to my big girl! What an accomplishment!

No comments: