Monday, April 17, 2017

Folley Beach


Last week we headed to Folley Beach with Linda and her kids for spring break. I'd never been to Folley Beach before, but I was excited to go (despite it being the longest solo drive I'd ever attempted with the kids). But the road trip went fine, and by the end of the day we were exploring the beach and oohing and aahing over the view from our balcony.



The girls were much less intimidated by the water this time around, probably because the waves were small and broke far away from the beach. Sweet Pea would easily walk ankle-deep into the surf to scoop up buckets of water, while CC went into the water thigh-high several times, running back to me shrieking when a wave approached. Little Man was not so keen to get wet, but he was happy enough digging in the wet sand.






The girls surprised me even more by allowing themselves to be buried by Dylan and Gavin -- several times!


The kids played pretty well together, especially coloring and drawing on the big table every day. I was especially pleased at how nicely Linda's older boys included the little ones. They even tried to teach Little Man to play cards (which was an exercise in futility!). 




CC and I shared one room, and Little Man and Sweet Pea shared another. I was concerned they might not sleep well sharing a bed, but they were so tired every night that they konked right out. One night I even snuck in to take a sweet picture.


No comments: